- International Study Experience Program
International Study Experience Program
The International Study Experience Program is designed to give students the chance to study with Australian students and other international students in a multicultural learning environment
Students select a number of courses to audit during their stay at The University of Queensland
Prospective students may like to read testimonials of students who have participated in the International Study Experience Program.
English language requirement
Students should have a reasonably good understanding of both written and spoken English. A minimum score of 550 on the TOEFL test (or overall score on the new computerised TOEFL test) is not required for this program.
Programs can be arranged to meet individual or group requirements
There is an initial administration fee of AUD$350 which includes airport pick-up and organisation of homestay accommodation. Tuition fees are AUD$450 per week
Travel Insurance and Visas
It is the responsibility of all participants in the Study Experience Program to take out travel insurance for the full period of their visit prior to leaving their home country. An appropriate visa (tourist or working holiday) to visit Australia is required.
- Homestay family accommodation at $190 per week including single bedroom lodging, breakfast and dinner daily. Lunch can be bought at campus cafeterias for approximately AUD$7-10 on weekdays.
- Information on other short-term accommodation service website at http://accommodation.uq.edu.au.
End of Program
A certificate, ceremony and morning/afternoon tea for participants will be held on the last day of the program.
- Weekly Japanese and Chinese conversation class where students mix freely with Australian Students.
- Weekly 'Live interpreting' forums where they can observe guest speakers delivering lectures in either Japanese or English while Masters students interpret into the other Language.
- Participate in activities organized by student clubs.
The University of Queensland
The University of Queensland is a government university which was founded in 1909 and enrolled its first students in 1911. The main campus, situated in the suburb of St. Lucia, is set in 114 hectares of riverside parkland, about 6km from the CBD, and is widely acknowledged as one of the most beautiful campuses in Australia.
The University is one of the largest and most diverse in Australia, with outstanding teaching, research and study facilities - many of them unique in Queensland. It offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses to over 33,000 students through its seven faculties, academic schools, numerous centres and institutes on three campuses at St. Lucia, Ipswich and Gatton. The University also offers an extensive Study Abroad program for UQ students wishing to study outside Australia.
Living and Studying in Brisbane
The University of Queensland is located in the city of Brisbane, the capital city of the state of Queensland. It is Australia's third largest city, with a population of 1.45 million people. Brisbane, in the south-east corner of Queensland, has a sub-tropical climate, with dry, sunny winters (June-August average 20C daytime) and hot, humid summers (December- February average 28C daytime).
An increasing number of people from around the world are choosing Queensland as a tourism destination and Brisbane as a study destination. Brisbane has been described by many as Australia's 'most liveable city' and it is easy to see why:
- a modern city with a clean, pollution free environment
- a multicultural society of friendly, welcoming people
- an abundance of fresh foods and international cuisines in cafes and restaurants
- a diverse range of entertainment including museums, art galleries, theatres, night clubs
- a relatively cheap cost of living with great shopping and markets
- an attractive outdoor lifestyle and range of sporting activities like cycling, bushwalking, tennis, golf, swimming, soccer, surfing and many more.
Brisbane is also known for the quality of its education and training institutions, among which The University of Queensland is very well-known and highly regarded internationally, offering international students an ideal opportunity to combine quality study with an excellent lifestyle.
For more information contact
Mrs Kayoko Uchiyama
|International Study Experience Program section|