Dr Dong-Bae (Isaac) Lee
|Dr Dong-Bae (Isaac) Lee|
BA (Pusan National University), Master of Applied Linguistics (UQ), PhD (UQ)
Lecturer in Korean
Korean Discipline Coordinator
Room: Gordon Greenwood Building (#32), 529
Phone: +61 (7) 3365 6431
Phone: +61 (7) 3365 6431
- Korean popular culture (Post Korean war)
- Introductory Korean
- Communicating Korean 1, 2 and 3
- Talking in Korea
- Korean for Business
- Analysis of Korean and English language textbooks
- Critical discourse analysis
- Postcolonial studies
- Postcolonial drama, Korean identity in Australia
Current research projects
- Korea: Factors influencing Korean identity in Australia
- Analysis of Korean language textbooks (South and North) used in Korea (communicativity)
- Analysis of diaspora Korean drama (China, Kazakhstan, Japan)
Selected recent publications:
- Lee, D. B. and Song, J, I (2004). Postcolonial Korean drama. Kongju National University Press: Kongju, South Korea.
- Lee. D. B. (2005). “New Ideologies of Everyday Life in Korean Language Textbooks” in A. Luke, R. Openshaw and Y. Nozaki, Struggle over Differenc: Curriculum and Pedagogy in Asia-Pacific (pp. 117-130), Suny Press: New York
- Lee, D. B. (1998). “Korean Resistance to Japanese Colonisation and its Effect on Korean Language Utilisation” in B. Baker, M. Tucker & C. Ng, Education's New Timespace (pp. 157-163), Brisbane: Post Pressed.
- D.B Lee (in press) ‘Portrayals of Non-North Koreans in North Korean textbooks and the Formation of National identity’, Asian Studies Review (A)
- Lee, D.B. (2009). ‘The Comparative analysis of South and North Korean language textbooks in the period (1948-1954)’, Korean language education, 83, 337-356
- Lee, D.B. (2009). ‘The Analysis of North Korean language textbooks (1955-1999): Representations of Non-North Koreans’. Journal of the Korean School Textbook Research. 3(1), 13-25.
- Lee, D.B. (2008). ‘Future directions for ethics [inseong] education in Korean language education on the basis of survey results of Korean immigrants in Australia’, Korean Language Education, 80, 319-337.
- Lee, D.B. (2008). ‘Soviet Neocolonial influence in North Korean language textbooks’, Journal of the Korean School Textbook Research, 2(2), 209-221.
- Lee, D.B. (2007). ‘Analysis of Korean language textbooks for Primary Schools in the Neocolonial period’, Journal of the Korean School Textbook Research, 1(1), 95-114.
- Lee, D.B. (2007). ‘Improving the Cultural content of Korean language textbooks at the beginner’s level’, The Journal of Korean Language Education (B), 18(2), 267-285.
- Lee, D.B. (2007). ‘Korean language textbooks under Japanese rule: Language education, colonisation’, The Education of Korean Language and Literature, 17(1), 127-152.
- Lee, D.B. (2006). ‘Analysis of North Korean Language Textbooks: altered Jucheism [self-reliance] Ideology’, Korean Language Education Research,27 (Dec), 399-435.
- Lee, D.B. (2004). “Oppressed Korean Farmers and their Resistance in the Play Nong To [Farming Land], written by Yoon Jo Byung”, The Journal of drama, 262, 209-240
- Lee, D. B. (2000). “Korea and Koreans in Korean language textbooks” in New Times. EASTASIA Cyber Journal. (Chicago) http://www.siue.edu/eastaia
- Lee, D. B. (1998). “Korean Resistance to Japanese Colonisation: Textbooks, Education and Language Maintenance”. Pacific-Asian Education, 10 (1), 37-50.